"I will live to carry Your compassion, To love a world that's broken, To be Your hands and feet. I will give with the life that I've been given and go beyond religion to see the world be changed, by the power of Your name." - Lincoln Brewster

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

December Update
Well, the biggest news we have is that we are expecting baby #4 in early July. The boys are very excited. The reaction from everyone else has been: "WHAT???" "Congratulations" "How did that happen?" Most people are hoping for a girl for us but we will be happy with either. Personally, I have gotten used to boys and another one would be just fine with me. I'm not sure I would know how to fix a little girl's hair. With the boys, I just slap on some water and run a brush through it and they're ready to go.

I have decided that Kids First Pediatrics should just draft our checking account each month because we have been in the Doctor's office every other week since school started. Ear Infections, Sinus infections, Strep Throat... oh, my! Maddox is going to have to get tubes in his ears and his adenoids taken out in January. The enlarged adenoids would explain why he is a mouth breather, drools constantly, and sounds like Darth Vader while sleeping.

For Fall Break in October we went to Cherokee, NC and then on to Gatlinburg, TN for a few days. When we left, Preston was recovering from Strep Throat and by the time we got back home Maddox had it. We went to the Dixie Stampede to eat supper one night. It was full of horses, big hair, big dresses, food you eat with your hands, and lots of red, white, and blue. It was quite an experience... yee-haw!

Clint was busy until late November with football season. The Baldwin Braves were undefeated this season and were just two games away from the Georgia Dome when they lost. The Jazz Band is playing on a Carnival Cruise Ship to Cozumel and Grand Cayman during Spring Break. I will not be able to go because they will not allow pregnant women that are past 21 weeks on the ship. And I doubt I could sneak by because I'm always really large when I'm pregnant! Clint is also working on finishing our bonus room above the garage so we can move the computer and office stuff in there to free up a room for the new baby. If anyone wants to drop by and help out I'm sure he'd love some help and company!

Bryce is doing well in school and is still playing drums every week for our Church Service. He spends most of his free time listening to music and playing with Preston. Then they spend their time trying to keep Maddox from destroying all their toys. One phrase I hear many times a week, "AHHHH!! MADDOX!!!!"- then a door quickly closing. Bryce is a good big brother and a good little worker. He and Preston enjoyed the Spring weather this past week by playing in the creek every day after school. The next project I hope to give Clint is building an outdoor shower so I can get the mud off the boys before they come in my semi-clean house.

Preston is enjoying Kindergarten. Every night he prays for his teachers, Mrs. Wood and Ms. Hamilton. He was awarded "Student of the Month" for September. When I asked him what he did to get the award he replied, "I was quiet." He was in a Thanksgiving play at school and did a wonderful job. He was very expressive and the audience could hear him. One thing I spend most of my time saying to Preston is, "SHHHHH! Please don't yell at me. Use your inside voice."
A few new Preston quotes:
  • "Bryce, remember when Maddox was born and we looked on his belly button and it had a tag on it?" (11/2008)
  • "Mommy where is the fire? Aren't we in the Smokey Mountains? So where is the fire that is supposed to be on top of the mountains? (10/2008)
  • "This is God's bathtub. Nobody can take a bath in it except for God!" (talking about the baptistry at church- 12/2008)
  • "Mrs. Wood! The toilet is sneezing!" (talking about the urinal at school)
  • "The toilet smells like bacon!" (evidently he has a fascination with the urinals at school- I guess the toilet could smell like worse things)
Maddox is quickly approaching two and is our little tornado. He will play with toys for about a minute but prefers toilets, cabinets, and anything messy. He walks around the kitchen counters with his hands up grabbing for anything within reach (kinda like E.T.). One day after Thanksgiving he got quiet so I sent Clint looking for him. He was in the kitchen, had pulled the pumpkin pie off the counter and was eating it with a fork.
On one of our frequent trips to the doctor, Preston threw-up in the exam room. Maddox witnessed the whole thing, so not to be outdone, he started spitting all over the floor from his stroller. Later at my Mom's house, she came in and asked, "Who taught Maddox to spit in the toilet?" And I explained to her that when Preston was sick, I ran with him to the toilet with Maddox on my hip and instructed Preston to throw-up in the toilet. So Maddox decided that he needed to do the same.

Another favorite past time is putting my underwear over his head and around his neck like necklaces. He also likes to carry around bags and purses- but he does like to put Matchbox cars in them. My Mom says he needs to spend more time with his Daddy after witnessing him pretending to put on lipstick. He is a very friendly child and loves babies, other children, and especially little girls. He keeps us running and laughing all the time!

Merry Christmas!!!! May it be filled with much love and laughter!!

No comments: