"I will live to carry Your compassion, To love a world that's broken, To be Your hands and feet. I will give with the life that I've been given and go beyond religion to see the world be changed, by the power of Your name." - Lincoln Brewster

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello 2012

2011 was quite a year! Some highlights:
  • Clint won Teacher of the Year for the school and the county
  • Bryce got a perfect score on his piano guild competition- the only one of 70+ students who made a perfect score.
  • Preston broke his arm jumping from one big hay bale to the other.
  • Maddox started Pre-K.
  • Jude turned 2 and began really talking and becoming his own little person- very determined, loving, and independent.!
This summer of  2011 closed one chapter of my life and opened another.  In May, our congregation voted to fit into a bigger part of God's plan and join together with Northridge Christian Church and use the FCC church building as an outreach to college students. I was against this plan at first for many reasons. But as time passed and I prayed and listened, God softened my heart and I slowly began to agree with the idea.     

June 26 was our last church service at First Christian Church. My Mom got a job playing the piano there when I was 8 years old. She would get there early, before anyone else, so she could practice the organ. I remember the click of her shoes and the sound of the music filling the room. I was baptized there, married there, and all of our children were dedicated to the Lord in that building. First Christian people taught me about Jesus, about love, & about the importance of a church family.

On July 3, we began going to our "new" church as the boys called it. For about 8 weeks, I would cry either on the way to church, during church, or on the way back from church. Even though I knew this was God's will, it was still very hard. Each week on the way to church we would play  "Stronger" and "Like a Lion."  These were my theme songs for the summer and fall.

"When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
And things can only get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger"
-"Stronger"

If I had to give 2011 a name, I would call it "The Year of God's Faithfulness."  Not because He was only faithful this past year, but because I learned about His faithfulness and learned to trust it this year more then any other thus far. I learned that living for Him is not about my comfort or sentimentality, but about how He can best use us and the resources we have to further His Kingdom. I am resolved to no  longer whine and complain about things that really do not matter when there are people dying every day for the cause of Christ.

I have chosen Colossians 3:12-14 to be my theme verse for this year. I am working on memorizing it and learning how to really dress in the wardrobe of God's love in 2012.

"So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it." -Colossians 3:12-14

I will try to update the blog more this year. I was about to delete it because it has been so long since I updated, but my heart is full of excitement for the new year and the adventures it will bring. I hope to do better about sharing this year. Thanks to all of you who have blessed my life.

Amy

"I am a Christian, not because someone explained the nuts and bolts of Christianity to me,
but because there were people willing to be nuts and bolts." -Rich Mullins

2 comments:

Nora Inez said...

I Almost started crying about the FCC thing!
cant wait to hear more:)

Marde Ray said...

Thank you for posting this. I feel like I really needed this message today. I hope this year brings many blessings to your family!